Landmarks & Signposts


         I talk with my hands alot so I am told, but then I am an artist expressive and always setting the scene right ?  Another little quirk I am known for is my use of landmarks and visual signs for giving one directions.  Whether it be to my home/studio ( look for a white flower box on the porch filled with pink geraniums ) Or when looking for the street to turn left on you will pass a firehall first then make your turn ).  I just think it common for someone who is kinetic like me to use this kind of language when describing  or mapping out a place for someone else.  Because this is what I am seeing I naturally feel that it makes it easier for others as well.  Truth is it really is easier to navigate when you have landmarks.  The right landmarks help you make the right turns, on that same thought as we are journeying through our lives there are landmarks and signposts that we make choices at.  Some key moments we will pause to turn one way or another,  sometimes the right way and sometimes wrong.  The good news is that we have a great God who loves us and gives us landmarks to help us navigate through our lives so that we don't get lost.  By the way God allows U-Turns !  Some of the signposts He shows us are the ability to choose generosity over selfishness, honesty over lying, the choice to be thankful and obedient to Him.  Sometimes we still get lost so God intervened our journey and came as Jesus to show us the way He walked ahead of us to clear up any confusion about our destination. He gives us His Holy Spirit kind of a spiritual GPS to help us navigate and not be alone. This what you should do if you are lost...listen to His spirit, listen to His people, read His word. Put your trust in Jesus and when you are lost the right direction is always towards Him.  Then when you are fully walking down the right paths take others by the hand that are lost because you now know the way and can show them the signs. Isaiah 48:17 TNIV... This is what the Lord says, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts