Leave Your Mind Behind














Reading 1 Thessalonians 1 : 9 & 10 recently and found myself questioning why do people work hard at avoiding that U Turn in their lives. You know the one that turns you away from things and situations, such as: wrong moral behavior, making
bad choices , idolizing other people, coveting stuff,wanting too many material things, money, houses, cars etc. etc.. I know I know, not this topic again... But why was the the question raised in my mind ? Well maybe because people think about it too much. (trying to go too deep ) or too little, (just callously overlooking) the whole idea of God that is . you see you can let your mind get in the way. Matt. 18:3 & 4 Jesus said " I tell you the truth, unless you become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Key thoughts here are as a child you are immature and innocent of the heart, soul, and mind ! I think that when I read that there are well over 300 references to the return of Christ in the 216 chapters of the New Testament (commentary by Charles Swindoll, President of Dallas Theological Seminary )
It brought to my mind He IS returning ! I have for a long time known this through Christ's Saving grace on my life and my faith in Him, and reading and studing The Holy Bible, but have you really really given this thought. He is returning ! Maybe not in my lifetime here on earth, but...one day. And... how would you react if when he comes you will I repeat that You will be face to face with him. Now my question is where will you be ? Will you have to U Turn from where you are or what you are doing ? Or... will you already be focused on the Heavens awaiting His arrival ? This scripture tells us of the Thessolonians who turned away from idols ie. things of this world and turned towards God, embraced Him and served Him all the rest of the days of their lives while they awaited His return. They were focused on Heaven while they lived out their faith through their lives daily.
Making the U Turn is a life changing experience and once ( YOU TURNED ) the journey towards Heaven will be shined upon by the light of God's face.. and what better way to meet Him when He returns: 1 Thess. 1:19.

Comments

Popular Posts